Monday, September 8, 2014

REVIEW: Mussel Inn Edinburgh

I have quite a lot going on in my work life, from drafting my thesis to preparing for conference and some more simulations. One way for me to relax is obviously, FOOD. I shall share with you guys good places for food around Edinburgh so you guys can go to wind up!


This time allow me to introduce....Mussel Inn. Well, doesn't really need much intro. This is at the top of the 'must go restaurant' list whenever you are in Edinburgh


It is a seafood restaurant so you can eat everything. The menu will list all the ingredients use in every meal.  If you wish to order something that has wine in it, just tell the waiter/waitress you don’t want it in your dish.
 
 
If you plan to go in a big group, I recommend you to book for table before coming as this place get full most of the time. You can’t do reservation during Edinburgh Festival though. 
 
 
I had tiger prawn stir fried with noodles and Thai green coconut sauce. And some vegetables. The sauce was very nice, not so thick that it makes you muak. Fresh prawns, good portion. Two thumbs up! I had this with hot chocolate. Weird combo but works for me ;-)
 


My friends ordered half kilos of mussels with Shallot and Moroccan flavour. I can't comment on the mussels as I don't eat them but I'm pretty sure they taste good since my friend went again the very next day!

Check the menu HERE
This restaurant is on Rose Street (behind Primark).
Address:
61-65 Rose St
Edinburgh EH2 2NH

Opening time:  12.00-3.00pm & 5.30 -10.00pm

My review on the Harry Porter's cafe HERE

1 comment: